It's a good thing that the Church is not a building, amen? Even though we haven't been able to come to church, God has used this time to bring us together as the Church in love and service toward one another and our community. We're all looking forward to the day the building doors are open once again, but that time isn't certain yet. Of course, the Bible tells us how important it is to gather together and I look forward to returning to church again as soon and safely as we can.
- During this time we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our area and praying for God to guide us in making a wise, safe reopening plan when the time is right.
- We're keeping in touch with other churches in the area, including those who have reopened their buildings and learned a few lessons along the way.
- We continue to operate our online resources, Circles, and outreach ministry to make the most of this time by continuing to serve and share Jesus.
As we consider the possibility of regathering in person, we are staying on top of CDC recommendations because your health and safety is at the forefront of our minds. Here is some of the criteria that is guiding our decisions:
- Clarity on the future use of the school or an alternate location.
- The desire to see fewer coronavirus cases in our area.
- Defined safety measures, new safety equipment, as well as training for our volunteers.
- The belief that regathering is the safest decision for you and your family.
As of right now we don't have specific dates, but our general re-opening plan will go as follows once we are approved to re-enter the school:
- We will begin by filming our full services in the school with limited attendance, only dream team members involved in producing the service.
- Next we will begin to allow church family to attend that service live with social distancing guidelines in place. Children's ministry will not be open as of this time.
- Lastly we will open the auditorium to the church family and open VKids ministry with social distancing guidelines.
At Victory Church we are a family that can make it through anything together because the God of hope guides us through uncertainty. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. I'm praying for you and I'll see you online.