21 days of fasting + prayer
What is fasting and why should I do it?
Scripture does not command us to fast, but at the same time the Bible presents fasting as something that is good, profitable, and beneficial. The purpose of fasting is to take your eyes off the things of this world to focus completely on God. Fasting helps us gain a new perspective and a renewed reliance upon on God.
Why not to do when fasting?
Fasting is not a way to get God to do what we want. The goal of fasting is to change us, not God. We are not out to look more spiritual than others, fasting should be done in a spirit of humility and a joyful attitude. (Matthew 6:16-18)
What types of fast is there?
- Full Fast: Drink only liquids (you establish the number of days).
- The Daniel Fast: Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
- 3-Day Fast: This fast can be a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
- Partial Fast: A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting —a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
21 PROMISES TO PRAY OVER 21 DAYS
- The PROMISE of SALVATION
- John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
- By believing in Jesus, I inherit eternal life.
- The PROMISES of GRACE
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- God doesn’t put up with you, He has plans for you.
- The PROMISE of REST
- Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
- The PROMISE of WISDOM
- James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
- The PROMISE of TROUBLE
- John 16:33 ““I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- God will not let us face anything that we can not overcome, for He has overcome the world.
- The PROMISE of STRENGTH
- Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- God will give you want you need to get through it.
- The PROMISE of ANSWERED PRAYER
- Mark 11:24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
- The PROMISE of THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- The PROMISE of NO CONDEMNATION
- Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
- The PROMISE that JOY IS COMING
- Psalm 30:5 “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning..”
- The PROMISE that we are MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE
- Genesis 1:26 “Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground”
- The PROMISE that JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL
- Acts 17:31 “For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”
- The PROMISE of an INHERITANCE
- Romans 8:17 “Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
- The PROMISE of POWERFUL PRAYER
- James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
- The PROMISE that JESUS IS PRAYING FOR YOU
- Romans 8:34 “Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.”
- The PROMISE that JESUS UNDERSTANDS YOU
- Hebrews 4:15 “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.”
- The PROMISE that WE WIN
- Romans 6:20 “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.”
- The PROMISE of GREATER THINGS
- John 14:12 “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.”
- The PROMISE of PEACE
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- The PROMISE of NEW TERRITORY
- Deuteronomy 11:22-25 “If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him—then the Lord will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the Mediterranean Sea. No one will be able to stand against you. The Lord your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go.”
- The PROMISE of a TEMPORARY TOMB
- 1 Corinthians 15:54 “When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory..."